Whether in the home, school, community, church or workplace conflict is an inevitable part of life. Having the skills to function effectively in emotionally intense, conflicted situations is important for all of us, especially those of us who are leaders.The Lombard Mennonite Peace Center has trained hundred of church leaders from a wide range of denominations in the skills that are needed to deal with conflict in the church setting through its Mediation SkillsTraining Institute. The Mediation Skills Training Institute equips people for working in various conflicted situations, including church disputes.
Participants learn about:
- Biblical foundations-finding renewal in conflict.
- Individual styles of response to conflict.
- Win-win negotiation skills.
- Skills to mediate conflict between individuals.
- Tools to effectively manage congregational conflict.
- Skills for serving as an outside consultant to conflicted churches.
The institute includes lectures, discussion, and guided practice in role-plays. Active and practical in focus, the sessions emphasize hands-on skills training and real-life role-plays based on the kinds of conflicts faced by participants.